And here they are in YAML
Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
- Retweet Don’t criticize, condemn, or complain.
- Retweet Give honest and sincere appreciation.
- Retweet Arouse in the other person an eager want.
Six Ways to Make People Like You
- Retweet Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Retweet Smile.
- Retweet Remember that a man’s Name is to him the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Retweet Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Retweet Talk in the terms of the other man’s interest.
- Retweet Make the other person feel important and do it sincerely.
Twelve Ways to Win People to Your Way of Thinking
- Retweet Avoid arguments.
- Retweet Show respect for the other person’s opinions. Never tell someone they are wrong.
- Retweet If you’re wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
- Retweet Begin in a friendly way.
- Retweet Start with questions the other person will answer yes to.
- Retweet Let the other person do the talking.
- Retweet Let the other person feel the idea is his/hers.
- Retweet Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.
- Retweet Sympathize with the other person.
- Retweet Appeal to noble motives.
- Retweet Dramatize your ideas.
- Retweet Throw down a challenge & don’t talk negative when the person is absent, talk about only positive.
Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment
- Retweet Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
- Retweet Call attention to other people’s mistakes indirectly.
- Retweet Talk about your own mistakes first.
- Retweet Ask questions instead of directly giving orders.
- Retweet Let the other person save face.
- Retweet Praise every improvement.
- Retweet Give them a fine reputation to live up to.
- Retweet Encourage them by making their faults seem easy to correct.
- Retweet Make the other person happy about doing what you suggest.
I love “How to WIn Friends & Influence People”.. amazing book. Have read it twice. It’s brilliant!